Social Security Disability & SSI Claims
If you are seeking Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, you need someone on your side. You need an attorney who understands the Social Security laws and all of the regulations and procedures involved with these claims. Attorney Marla Joseph has devoted her career to representing injured and disabled clients in Social Security Disability and SSI claims.
It is important to have an attorney who understands not only Social Security, but also how the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Act interacts with and can impact a person's right to receive Social Security Disability benefits. Marla Joseph recognizes these issues, and assists her clients with all aspects of these claims. In addition, she also assists individuals who are only seeking Social Security benefits so that they can receive the benefits they are entitled to under the law.
Individuals are eligible for Social Security Disability and SSI benefits from age 18 to 64, which are provided to individuals whose conditions are expected to end in death or who cannot work full-time for at least twelve months in a row because of "severe" physical and/or psychiatric limitations. Social Security does not care whether a person was hurt at work. Disability benefits are awarded based upon all of the medical conditions a person has, generally without regard to where or how the conditions arose.
There are 14 types of conditions recognized by the Social Security Administration, including:
- Musculoskeletal System impairments and other conditions involving the bones and joints
- Sensory and Speech impairments generally involving the eyes and ears
- Respiratory impairments that effect people's ability to breathe, including asthma and various lung disorders
- Cardiovascular (heart) conditions
- Digestive impairments such as malnutrition, ulcers and other conditions
- Genitourinary conditions, including kidney disease and other disorders
- Hematological disorders such as anemia and other blood system abnormalities
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System conditions, including diabetes and thyroid disorders
- Impairments Affecting Multiple Body Systems such as non-mosaic Down Syndrome
- Neurological Disorders such as epilepsy, brain tumors, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and Lou Gehrig's Disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or ALS)
- Mental disorders
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases such as HIV/AIDS, malignancies, and cancer
- Immune System Disorders, including lupus and scleroderma
If your condition is severe enough to meet or equal the ones described in these 14 categories (known as impairment in listings), then you qualify for benefits. If you have a severe impairment that does not meet or equal these listings, then the Social Security Administration will consider your age, education, and work experience to see if there is other work that you can do.
Social Security disability attorney Marla Joseph is familiar with the various types of Social Security claims, and she will devote her efforts to assuring that every client receives the maximum benefits they are entitled to. Marla Joseph's goal is to meet every client's needs not only by getting the best possible results, but by also answering clients' questions, returning phone calls, and keeping clients aware of and involved in every aspect of their cases.
Don't fight for Social Security disability benefits without an advocate on your side. Call Attorney Marla A. Joseph at (215) 884-6664 or click here to send an email, and talk to someone on your side. There is no obligation, and you pay no fees unless we make a recovery for you. At the Law Offices of Marla A. Joseph, LLC, we will fight for your rights.